Tuesday, November 30, 2010

SP2010 URL Field Type Enhancement

I've observed a nice feature offered by Microsoft SharePoint team when I was trying to migrate the contents from one server to another. In Sharepoint 2007, you will not get an automatic conversion of existing URL when you are migrating list items among the servers (Header of URL). But in SharePoint 2010 it does.

Observation:

Server 1
I've pointed some of the assets by giving the absolute URL path
I want all those list items to be migrated to another server called Server 2

I've used SPContent Deployment Wizard to do the job.
Amazingly all the URL headers of the absolute path is converted in adherence to Server 2

You may ask whether the above tool does the job for you.
The answer is NO. Because I've checked the latest release note of that tool to see whether it supports that kind of fancy conversion.

My next step is to dig on the same stuff to see whether it accepts relevant URL header when I migrate the list items from one server to another server's sub-sitecollection

I'll come up with the latest note on that.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment